Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's Thanksgiving!

It's almost Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is definitely one of my favorite holidays. All the wonderful aspects of getting together as friends and family without all the pressure of giving gifts. But Thanksgiving is also wonderful because you get to really think about what you are thankful for. This year my list is numerous. I am thankful for...

  • My parents for all they do for me and for generously allowing me to come home after graduation since I don't have a job.
  • My amazing friends for not giving up on me whenever I disappear or whine about not having a job.
  • The opportunities I've had this semester to gain valuable library experience.
  • A career path that will provide me with lots of personal and job satisfaction (once I actually get a job :) )
  • My professors for being so willing to write recommendations for me and to give me advice whenever I ask for it.
  • My readers! Those of you who are out there (lurkers or not), I'm grateful that you find me interesting enough to read!
I am also thankful for the little things, like the fact that I have some place to live, something to eat, and people to love. I know this year, especially with as bad as the economy has been, there are a lot of people who don't have that. I'm very fortunate, I think.

What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment