Friday, November 13, 2009

Why I've Fallen Off the Face of the Earth


If you are a regular reader of my blog (I know there are so many of you out there! :) ), you've probably been wondering why I haven't been blogging lately. Not to sound like a whiner, but it mostly has to do with me being super tired all the time. My crazy schedule of 2 grad classes, 1 undergrad French class (that's everyday!!), my internship, my GTA, and my job in the reading room is finally catching up with me. I leave my house before 8 and only get to come home before 9 one day a week. So naturally, I'm exhausted. Not to mention the fact that I have a twenty to twenty-five page research paper due the Monday after Thanksgiving hanging over my head...but that's another story.

The other big thing in my life is trying to find a job. I'm applying to 2-3 jobs a week, but have yet to get more than a "thanks for your application, we'll let you know something some time soon" letter/email. I've started having trouble sleeping and often find myself panicking in the middle of the day about being unemployed. My mother lovingly added to that stress by informing me that my insurance expires January 1, when I'm out of the country. How fantastic is that?

So school and job hunting are overwhelming my life right now. Graduation is officially 29 days from today (yay!! and glup!!), and turning in this paper is my last school project (maybe forever? scary thought), so hopefully, things will flow fairly smoothly over the next few weeks and I'll actually get stuff done. Highly doubtful as I do love to procrastinate; however, I have high hopes on being productive.

I'm going to a grant writing workshop next week, and planning on posting something about that. I also have completed a project for my public libraries class that I would love to share. So look for those two things in the near future. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Elizabeth...wow, you are busy! With 42 years of life behind me, I've learned the ending of anything is scary/exciting/stomach-churning/exhilarating all at the same time.

    So are you attending the online Grant Writing workshop on the 19th through Learning Times? If so, I'll be there as well - since I rec'd an e-mail to attend for free as a grad student, I couldn't pass it up, even though I am only in my first semester at UA-SLIS and grant writing is quite a way off.

    Take care and remember that things do seem to work as long as we just keep on keeping on -- I've had many trials, where I felt like I was (am!) at my wit's end, but then deadlines are finally over, and money/jobs might come in at the LAST possible moment but they do come (since as of Nov. 18th I don't have steady work anymore, and my husband has no regular employment, either; I just have to have Faith that things are going to be okay).

    With your personality (you are a pleasure to have as the GA/TA) and work ethic, I can't imagine you being anything but wildly successful.

    See you Thursday!
    Kelli (5th Dimension)

    ReplyDelete